Family Pic 2010

Family Pic 2010

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gymnastics

We out Braden into Gymnastics because he is always hanging all over the place. We found a great place here in town and it has been so great! Braden is loving it, class is once a week but we have considered having him go twice a week because it is so much fun. At first Braden wasn't so sure about things and he wouldn't go near the teacher but by the end of the first day he was walking around with the teacher holding her hand. The teacher warms them up then shows them all the stuff they can play on and practice on the equipment and then she says go play and the moms and the kids go and play. They have all the real stuff, they adjust it to fit little kids it is amazing. There is so much to play on a long trampoline, and regular (gymnastic) trampolines all over, a bouncy floor, balance beams, bars of all kinds, obstacle course objects and everything you could dream of. Braden just goes town, he is completely fearless, he will do and try anything. The class lasts 45 min and by the end he is soaking with sweat. It has been so good for both of us to get out into the community and meet moms and kids and go play. I look forward to it all week. I really hope one of these days Brian will be able to come watch, he would love it.


Braden on the balance beam all by himself, I have to remind him to watch where he is going, his mind is always going 100 mph.
I love it that they can just climb all over everything and not get in trouble. It has been so good for him and made him have to work hard, he will attempt things that are much bigger than him and things that others are scared to do, that's our boy! Oh I was actually surprised that there were 2 other boys in the class, I was so happy about that.
I over heard the teacher talking to another mom saying how much organized activities like this help kids out in so many ways. She said that they have done studies and kids in gymnastics, etc, perform better in school. I thought that was pretty neat. It is much more than just going and playing they learn how to use their body and learn coordination.




The kids tend to hang out at the trampolines, Braden can get some serious air for a little guy.





Ta Da!!

3 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

That looks like so much fun. I bet he loves it. Bennett would go nuts. Your town looks like fun. We can't wait to come and see you.

Maxfield Family said...

I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. It has been a lot of fun having all our kids in gymnastics together. Braden sure does pick up on things quickly. What a fun gymnastics class!

Saysha said...

Aaaaa! We must think alike! I didn't even notice but I changed my blog background yesterday and it's the same as yours!!! I miss you so much it's making me crazy...seeing pics of Brade and Ash...oh gosh. We were at the mall today and there was this little boy in the playplace that reminded me SO MUCH of Brade I wanted to go give him a hug anyways! Can't wait to squeeze BOTH your kids at Christmastime!! You BETTER save a lot of time for us! ;o)