Family Pic 2010

Family Pic 2010

Thursday, April 23, 2009

So excited to be 3!!

Braden LOVES birthdays!! He talks about birthdays ALL the time. He keeps asking when the kids are going to come over again for his party. Since he turned 3 when someone asks what his name is he holds up 3 fingers, or when he sees other kids he holds up 3 fingers. It has been fun to watch, it must be a 3 year old thing because the other kids are doing it too. I guess its just there way of communication.
On another note Braden has told me he "hates" me twice in the last few days. I was completely shocked and stunned because I don't say that. I was telling his doctor about it and he says it is a common thing for kids his age. He said that parents give such a big reaction and the kids remember it and keep saying it. He assured me that Braden doesn't know what those words mean and is probably associating it with something like "I hate broccoli" or some other phrase he has heard. I handled the situation completely wrong, I made a big deal. I guess I will be better prepared "If" it happens again.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Natalie is the same way! She loves birthdays. All cake is birthday cake, and all presents are birthday presents, and all candy is birthday candy...it's so fun! We "celebrated" Abi's 4 month birthday last night with rice cereal, and Natalie kept asking where the cake was... :) Braden is super cute, and so is Ashley. I can't believe she's 1!! Braden...yeah...I get it that he's 3. But Ashley being 1 blows my mind.