Family Pic 2010

Family Pic 2010

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Party Time




Our ward had their annual Halloween party (Brian was on call again) I really wanted to dress up but I didnt think I had anything to wear. I told Brian that I really wanted to dress up and I was so sad because I didn't think I had anything to wear. But I started going through some boxes and remembered I had some Hawaii stuff, I was so excited!! I was Hula girl, coconut shells and all and Ashley was a grape bunch and Braden a Lion. I think we ended up lookin' pretty good! I was so sad Brian couldn't be there, they really picked some bad days for him to be on call this month.


I was going to make the usual sugar cookies and decorate them, then I saw these Rice Krispy Frankenstein treats in a magazine. (I will post a pic tomorrow my camera just died) I spent the afternoon making them and they were a hit at the party! Luccily I was able to snatch the last one on the tray.

There was a chili cook off and Bingo and they had people decorated rooms and the kids trick or treated from room to room. It was lots of fun, so many great people here. I cannot believe it is almost Halloween. That means that my little brother Tanner will have been out on his mission for 1 year, Braden is 2 1/2 Ashley is a half of a year old, I am now half a year older, Brian almost graduates in 1 1/2 years (1 month away) Crazy, Time fly's!!

5 comments:

Saysha said...

Oh yeah...and I miss Braden. I miss Ash. I miss Jenny!!!! Maybe you'll freeze enough this winter to come spend some time in AZ to thaw out!!!!! ;o)

Hall Family said...

Cute costumes!! Even you, Mrs. Thang! :) What a fun ward party!! :) I can't believe the kids are already that old! haha Hey so do you know of someone moving into your ward, from here in Cedar Rapids?

Tara Mogle said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable! I love their costumes. Way cute frankensteins! Where did you get the recipe for them? How is everything going for you guys?

Maren said...

Those rice krispie treats are ADORABLE. I saw one of them at the ward party, but by the time I made it to the desserts they were gone. Darn!!! Way to go with the creativity! -M

Erin said...

I love the grape costume!