Family Pic 2010

Family Pic 2010

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brian

So I don't know how all these amazing women have the time or energy to make such amazing blogs. When I look at others amazing sites I am so jealous. I think I will try to include Brian and I in our blog more. It seems like when the kids come the parents are forgotten, but we are still here and have lots of life left. We have lots of interesting stories to tell so Braden and Ashley get to share the spotlight!!
Brian has just completed his second rotation here in GB. His first was family practice which he loved. He worked in a clinic in Flint and it was a really good intro into rotations. His second one was OB/GYN, he absolutely loved it!! He doesn't want that to be his profession or anything but he had a really good time. He saw lots of "neat" stuff, worked with wonderful docs who let him help out lots and learned a ton. He was on call 6 times during the 4 weeks he was on this rotation which was hard on us. Everyday he was up by 5 and to the hospital by 6. When he was on call he would go in at the same time and not get home until the following morning around 9 or 10. It was hard to sleep in bed alone and it was hard on the kids not being able to see their dad. But each time Brian would come home he had all sorts of exciting stories of what happened that night. For the first two weeks of the rotation he did OB, there he was able to assist in many deliveries, and a couple c-sections. Then he was able to take care of pregnant and laboring women. The second half he still got to assist on deliveries and c-sections but he saw lots of surgeries on all the woman parts. (sounds weird but I didn't know how to word it and you know what I mean) He saw ectopic pregnancies, tubal ligation, (tubes tied) cancer removed, and all sorts of other stuff. He really enjoyed it and learned so much.
This next 4 weeks he is back on Family Practice but with a new doc. The doc he is with is amazing seeing about 60 patients+ per day. He is a work-aholic but still a very good doc. Brian has only been doing this for 2 days but he is loving it and working hard.
I don't know how Brian does it, he is up bright and early every morning and out the door before we are up and before the sun is even shining. He is a great man and excited to help people.

As for me I am so busy being a mom. I never had a clue how much work this would be. I love it but its not easy. I try to be creative in my free time, I love to be working on projects. I am so lucky here we have the space for a craft room, it is also the computer room but I love it.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

wow! Brian could be the ad for the energizer bunny!! I'm glad that you guys are faring...although, I can't wait just for you to have a "normal" life...with Brian on a better schedule, if possible!